- What is house sitting?
- How did COVID-19 affect house sitters and digital nomads.
- Why saving money and having an emergency fund is important.
The Corona Virus Chronicles (Bonus Episode) with Sam Anthony
What would you do if the home you were scheduled to house sit for suddenly became unavailable as the homeowner was forced to return home due to COVID-19 leaving you without a place to stay.
About The Guest
Sam and Veren, aka the Alternative Travelers, like to travel slowly on a budget while following a sustainable, vegan lifestyle. After leaving New York in early 2016 they realized that it’d be cheaper to travel than living in one of the most expensive cities in the world. After two years of living in Madrid, Spain, they now travel full time via house sitting.
Alternative Travelers Podcast
Resources. Tips & Tricks:
- Always have an emergency stash of money saved for emergencies. Six months to a year of savings is good.
Related Blog Posts, Podcast Episodes & Books:
- 5 Things To Consider Before House Sitting In The Covid-19 Pandemic – Alternative Travelers
- 006: Getting Airline Refunds & Saving Money Amidst A Pandemic – Travel Horror Stories Podcast
- Toronto Bloggers Collective (Toronto Based Facebook Group) Website | Facebook Group
- GPSmyCity Blog Post & App Articles
- Standard Luggage Blog Post | Buy Now
- SquadCast – Tool for recording remote podcast interviews Website