What would you do if…
after a year of back to back trips you become ill with a stomach virus that just doesn’t seem to want to go away. Nothing seems to work; acupuncture, expensive meds and even clinical trials at local hospitals.
About The Guest(s)
Brianne started her blog in the summer of 2015 with the goal of encouraging professionals to take time away from their busy lives to travel. She wanted to share stories of those of us who have responsibilities like jobs, homes, pets, as well as spouses and children, yet still make travel a priority to inspire others to do so too. Brianne is also very committed to traveling as sustainably as possible. For her that means supporting responsible companies by doing her research, leaving a light environmental footprint wherever she goes, and ensuring her tourist dollars stay within local communities by avoiding chain hotels and restaurants.
A Traveling Life
Resources. Tips & Tricks:
- Be strict when it come to your health (eat healthy as often as possible, get plenty of rest, stay hydrated etc)
- Research were you are going (from a health perspective) Check the government websites to see where they are regarding health
- Be sure that all your shots are up to date
- re: Street Food: look for places with high turnover and long lines
- Try to eat fruit that has a peel of a rind (Bananas, Orange etc)
- Probiotics get your system on probiotics all the time time and especially when you gonna be travelling
- Be more mindful of you health and don’t wait till you’re run down to go get checked out.
- GRAYL Ultralight Water Purifier [+ Filter] Bottle
- LifeStraw Personal Water Filter
**Please consult you doctor of health care professional before trying any probiotics** (We are not doctors)
- Flora Advanced Adult Probiotic Capsules 60 Count (These are the probiotics Brianne uses – they say for 55+ but she’s not 55+ :-))
Related Blog Posts, Podcast Episodes & Books:
- 013: Surviving Diarrhea For Six Days While Travelling Abroad – Travel Horror Stories Podcast