What would you do if...
while visiting family and friends up by Australia’s you find yourself narrowly escaping Australia’s New South Wales Bushfires.
About The Guest(s)
Alex and Bell’s mission is to arm you with great travel information, so you get the most from your trips. They also offer great travel hacks that can save you thousands of dollars on flights and hotels in a given year! They cover hidden gem destinations off the tourist trail, in addition to the world’s most popular places. Whether you’re new to travelling or a seasoned explorer, you’ll find useful information based on many years of living abroad and over 20 years of experience travelling around the world!
Resources. Tips & Tricks:
- Download an app that can keep track of the fires
- Turn on the radio and listen for bushfires on your way to and at your destination
- Don’t leave your windows open overnight because if there is a fire nearby you can choke from the smoke
- When compared to North America the seasons are reversed so our summer is their winter. As a result December, January and February are the worst for the bush fires
- Travel with a lot of water and food when exploring the outback
Related Blog Posts, Podcast Episodes & Books:
- How to Survive a Natural Disaster: Preparation & Safety Tips – Travel Horror Stories
- Melbourne: Great Things to Do From Sports to Arts – Wanderlust Marriage
- Sydney Pubs and Restaurants You Should Visit – Wanderlust Marriage
- 015: SURVIVING AUSTRALIA’S VICTORIAN BUSH FIRES (with Nora Dunn) – Travel Horror Stories Podcast
- Toronto Bloggers Collective (Toronto Based Facebook Group)
Website | Facebook Group
Blog Post & App Articles
- Standard Luggage
Blog Post | Buy Now
- SquadCast – Tool for recording remote podcast interviews